Facing this annoying issue (YouTube Black Screen) on your computer while watching your favorite TV show, movies, song, or funny cat video?
Here are the reasons why are you facing this problem and the solutions for it.
Possible reasons that can cause YouTube Black Screen issue:
1. Browsing YouTube on a weak Internet connection.
3. If you’re using YouTube on browser then the browser’s Cache and Settings may cause clogging up and YouTube black screen.
4. The video you’re playing may have sensitive content.
If the black screen issue is from your end, then that can be usually solved by restarting your computer, restarting internet hardware device, upgrading your browser, disabling ad blocker, and other similar solutions. If the problem is with the video or YouTube or from your internet service provider, then the issue can’t be fixed.
Solutions for solving YouTube black screen issue:
Use a better net connection: Bad or slow internet connection may prevent your video from playing smoothly. Poor internet causes the video to not load properly. This will result in clogging of video, and you’ll see a black screen or hear audio without video.
• Check your internet network and connection, it should work well.
• Reload the YouTube page again.
• Close and reopen YouTube.
• Remove the older Adobe Flash Player version and install a newer version.
• Turn off hardware acceleration from the video.
Clear Cache from your Web Browser: If you see black screen suddenly while playing a video, then the problem may be because of browser’s cache.
Clearing Cache on Firefox:
1. Go to ‘Tools.’
2. Go to ‘Options.’
3. Open ‘Advanced’
4. Erase cache.
Clearing Cache on Chrome:
1. Go to ‘Menu.’
2. Go to ‘More Tools or History.’
3. Erase ‘Browsing Data.’
Clearing Cache on Safari:
1. Open ‘Safari menu.’
2. Go to ‘Empty Cache’
3. Select ‘Empty.’
Clearing Cache on Internet Explorer:
1. Go to ‘Safety.’
2. Select ‘Delete Browsing History.’
3. Choose ‘Temporary Files.’
4. Select ‘Cookies and History or Website Data.’
5. Select ‘Delete.’
Adjust settings of your browser: if you’re using YouTube on Chrome or Firefox and facing black screen issue, then the problem may be with your browser settings. Disable hardware acceleration feature to fix the issue then close and open the browser again.
Adjusting Settings in Chrome:
1. Open ‘Settings.’
2. Open ‘Advanced settings.’
3. Go to ‘General.’
4. Uncheck ‘Use hardware acceleration.’
Adjusting Settings in Firefox:
1. Go to ‘Options.’
2. Open ‘Advanced.’
3. Uncheck ‘Use hardware acceleration.’
Check the Content you’re playing: if all the videos are playing smoothly while the problem occurs on some specific content then maybe you’re playing the content against privacy and policies of YouTube. There is no practical solution to solve this issue, if you want to view the same content then try to use another website. These are the most common and effective solution that will surely fix the Black Screen error. Still, you’re suffering from the problem, don’t be disappointed because there will be various reasons for the error. Use another web browser, log out from your YouTube account, or disable extensions.
Edward Lewis is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.