Nowadays the starting from adults to kids everyone is aware of all types of gadgets and its uses, especially the newer generation. The kids not just only get smart classes but even get their personal gadgets at home for doing their work such as completing homework, writing essays on MS Word and also for making PowerPoint presentations.
Best Methods To Restrict Screen Time for Kids
- Change the screen time
Ensure that your kid only spends appropriate time on gadgets and does not stick to it throughout the whole day. You can decide the time according to their age and the type of work they are doing on it. The location also matters a lot like during dinner, they should not be allowed to use their smartphone.
- Enable privacy setting
There are a number of features that can allow adults to have an idea about their kid’s activity such as location tracking or parental control. With GPS tracking, you can keep a track of where your child is. This way, you will be able to supervise your kid even when you are at work.
- There are a lot of applications as well that can help them to monitor their kid’s life from far away.
- Make your kids aware of the advantages and disadvantages
Make your kids know about the way gadgets can be misused and can create a huge problem in just a few clicks. So they should always read the instructions carefully before permitting anything.
- For instance, tell them to read terms and conditions carefully before installing any of the application.
- Fix a good deal with your kid
Prefer having dining table topic discussion regarding the use of technical items so that they learn to use gadgets in a proper way of using it. You can even fix deals with then that can make them learn some domestic work.
- For instance, You can let them play one round of the game and in return tell them to do cleaning work of their room.
- You can even tell them to read current affairs in their PC and after making them read on it play the game by asking questions related to it while making them clean their room. If they answer all your answers correctly, then the next day they don’t need to clean their room.
While limited screen time is alright, it should be carefully monitored as kids can get addicted to technology.
Lucia Mandela is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Lucia has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup